Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week #4 - Post #2

Q2:

One speaker in my experience that has greatly motivated me was my one of my first managers at work. To this day, his words seem to have a profound impact on my behavior and thoughts regarding subjects. I have always valued his opinion. I transferred to his department after he spoke to me and thought I would fit in well. I worked with him for two years, and whenever I would make a mistake, he would know the words to properly motivate me. Now he moved on to another position, and I have taken his position. His words still affect my behavior and thoughts just as before, I recently took over more responsibilities at work, but did not ask for an increase in pay. He advised me of my poor decision, and I recently asked for the raise.

Some of the worst speakers I have heard are unfortunately, some teachers. These teachers are not the ones who are engaging, and wish all their students to learn something from every lesson. These are the teachers who are simply earning a paycheck, and will not do one more iota of effort than the minimum requirement. Unfortunately, at my public high school, I believe we had a few of these.

No comments: